Gail L. Grant
Throughout this site, you can click on the little
picture to see a larger one.
Hi! Glad you could stop by.
I'm a retired dot-com'er, AcroYoga monkey(slightly addicted), PiYo instructor, singer, yogini, dancer, hiker, photographer, writer, seamstress, basket-weaver, composer, designer, organizer, and a Christian, not necessarily in that order. See My Beliefs for details on what I believe. If you want to see my business background, check out my bio. See below for more personal information.
devoted the first part of my life to making a living and now I'm
devoting the rest of it to making a difference.
Current Projects/Activities include:
Please feel free
to send me email at email@example.com
if you have questions or comments.
- The Bright Lights Program was started in the fall of 2002 to teach children about helping others. The picture to the right shows the kids in the costumes I made for the May 2003 "Prom Night" theme. Bright Lights is a St. Mark's program but all kids are welcome. September 2016 marked the 121st trip to the nursing home!
- AcroYoga is my new passion/playtime/joy. I started 10/17/2015 and have fallen deeply in love with the practice and the people. I do a lot of volunteer work but that can be draining. I wasn't feeding myself enough. AcroYoga fills me up and gives me the ability to play like a child, build trust, balance, skills, and make tons of friends. It was the missing piece in my life and I'm so thankful to have found it. See a few pictures here.
- I teach at the Palo Alto Family YMCA:
- PiYo. What is it? A high-intensity, full-body workout that uses combines elements of Yoga and Pilates choreographed to contemporary music to increase core strength, endurance, balance, sculpt your abs, and develop greater flexibility from BeachBody. What I like most about PiYo is that it is low-impact but high energy. Great total body workout! I teach PiYo on Tuesdays at 6:25pm(*NEW*), Fridays at 10:30am, and Sundays at 4:30pm in the Mind/Body Studio.
- Yoga. It keeps me limber, grounded, and has helped me become a bit gentler in my approach to life. I teach yoga on Thursday mornings at 8:30am.
- I love Zumba, especially Jennifer Beeson Pastan's class at PAFY. We have lots of fun together. We throw a mean potluck dinner after class quarterly.
- Volunteer work at the Opportunity Center of the Midpeninsula, a facility that helps homeless and at-risk individuals and families. I work primarily with the Family Center in the after-school program.
- Christmas Day Caroling at the VA Hospital For several years, I've sung carols with 100+ other people at the Palo Alto VA Hospital on Christmas morning to the hospitalized vets. To learn more and see pics/videos, go to the Give for Good site.
- Quarterly Singing at the VA Hospital: A group of 20-25 people sing quarterly for our veterans, many of the songs are in four-part harmony.
- Deborah's Palm is a wonderful, FREE center to support women. I co-lead a discussion group entitled "Life Lessons" Read more about the group here (search for Life Lessons).
- Books about Inspiring People: My favorite type of book is biographies about people who have done amazing things or overcome incredible odds to triumph.
- Office Volunteer and choir member at St. Mark's Episcopal Church.
- St. Mark's Family Choir: A multi-generational choir that sings rounds in church during communion once every 2-3 months.
- Kindness: A page about kindness, what it means to me and ideas for ways to be kind.
- Making baskets, being creative, jogging, and sewing. Go to my house and crafts pics page. You can also see all the crafts I designed for Bright Lights at the Bright Lights Crafts Page.
- I write music. Listen to some of it on my
- I LOVE to hike; I have some pictures and comments about favorite local hikes and
hikes in the Swiss
Alps, if you like pictures.
- I like fast cars and USED to drive a silver 2000 Corvette. I traded it in for a Prius in April 2015 and I LOVE it!
|My Bright Lights volunteer sign-ups are powered by: