Gail L. Grant
Throughout this site, you can click on the little
picture to see a larger one.
Hi! Glad you could stop by.
I'm a retired dot-com'er, AcroYoga monkey(addicted), singer, yogini, dancer, hiker, photographer, writer, seamstress, basket-weaver, composer, designer, organizer, and a Christian, not necessarily in that order. See My Beliefs for details on what I believe. If you want to see my business background, check out my bio. See below for more personal information.
devoted the first part of my life to making a living and now I'm
devoting the rest of it to making a difference.
All the activities below are on hold until the pandemic calms down
Pre-COVID Projects/Activities included:
Please feel free
to send me email at email@example.com
if you have questions or comments.
- The Bright Lights Program was started in the fall of 2002 to teach children about helping others. The picture to the right shows the kids in the costumes I made for the May 2003 "Prom Night" theme. Bright Lights is a St. Mark's program but all kids are welcome.
- AcroYoga is my new passion/playtime/joy. I started 10/17/2015 and have fallen deeply in love with the practice and the people. I do a lot of volunteer work but that can be draining. I wasn't feeding myself enough. AcroYoga fills me up and gives me the ability to play like a child, build trust, balance, skills, and make tons of friends. It was the missing piece in my life and I'm so thankful to have found it. See a few pictures here.
- Volunteered at the Opportunity Center of the Midpeninsula, a facility that helps homeless and at-risk individuals and families. I worked primarily with the Family Center in the after-school program until that program ended in late 2017.
- Christmas Day Caroling at the VA Hospital For several years, I've sung carols with 100+ other people at the Palo Alto VA Hospital on Christmas morning to the hospitalized vets. To learn more and see pics/videos, go to the Give for Good site.
- Books about Inspiring People: My favorite type of book is biographies about people who have done amazing things or overcome incredible odds to triumph.
- Office Volunteer and choir member at St. Mark's Episcopal Church.
- St. Mark's Family Choir: A multi-generational choir that sings rounds in church during communion once every 2-3 months.
- Kindness: A page about kindness, what it means to me and ideas for ways to be kind.
- Making baskets, being creative, jogging, and sewing. Go to my house and crafts pics page. You can also see all the crafts I designed for Bright Lights at the Bright Lights Crafts Page.
- I write music. Listen to some of it on my
- I LOVE to hike; I have some pictures and comments about favorite local hikes and
hikes in the Swiss
Alps, if you like pictures.
- I like fast cars and USED to drive a silver 2000 Corvette. I traded it in for a Prius in April 2015 and I LOVE it!